Tuesday 26 June 2012

Day 6

Well, after yesterday's post you might be wondering if I am still alive.


If you are reading this I am dead obviously very much so.


Its amazing what 12 hours of sleep can do - I don't know why I don't do it more often - oh, that's right, I have kids.


Back to work today at around 90%, which is pretty good all things considered.


A few facts about Indonesia you might not know:

  1. Number 1 on the twittersphere, i.e. it has the largest number of twitter users of any country in the world - I can see that, Jakartans don't have the time for anything more.
  2. Number 3 country for Facebook users - 42 million of them - it is very friendly country in the virtual world too, obviously.
  3. Number 1 country for Blackberry sales - iPhones are expensive here.

So, what is new today?  Well, it didn't take long but I may have made the most important connection of my stay so far.  A colleague's partner does day trips to the surf from Jakarta and has a spare board - I have expressed an interest and have my fingers crossed for a surf trip on the weekend - cowabunga!


No real other news except to say that after yesterday I woke up and when I looked in the mirror half expected to see an emaciated frame staring back at me - I was sorely disappointed (though it will be interesting to see what the scales say when I return).


Oh, and I know some of you won't believe I am well until you see me, so here is a picture, cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment